iTheme Security Pro Features
- Limit the number of failed login attempts allowed per user with WordPress brute force protection. If someone is trying to guess your password, they’ll get locked out after a few attempts.
- If someone manages to get into your site, they’ll probably add, remove or change a file. Get email alerts showing any recent file changes so you know if you’ve been hacked.
- If a bot is scanning your site for vulnerabilities, it will generate a lot of 404 errors. iThemes Security will lock out that IP after the limit you set (20 errors in 5 minutes by default).
- Set which level of users on your site (admins, editors, users, etc.) need to have strong passwords. Strong password enforcement is one of the best ways to lock down WordPress.
- Keep bad users away from your site if they have too many failed login attempts, if they generate too many 404 errors, or if they’re on a bot blacklist.
- Not making changes to your site 24 hours a day? Harden WordPress by making the WordPress dashboard inaccessible during specific hours so no one else can sneak in and attempt to make changes.
- Change the default URL of your WordPress login area so attackers won’t know where to look. This feature is also great to help clients remember their login link.
- Schedule database backups and have them emailed to you. Or you can get our WordPress backup plugin to step up your backup game. Make complete backups and send them to off-site storage destinations.
- Get email notifications when someone gets locked out after too many failed login attempts or when a file on your site has been changed.